What's more fun than receiving a favor basket? Putting one together!
This week, I was preparing for our Easter brunch get-together with nine family members. The two little ones had their Easter baskets and eggs but what about the adults? Some things you just never seem to grow too old for. I decided to provide a little springtime love for them with cute little coir plantable pots filled with treats. The same idea could be applied for springtime wedding or baby shower favors.
Here's what I used:
- 6" Coir Pot - (I used Planter's Pride Plantable Pots 100% Peat-Free Renewable Coir) 6 pots for $2.49 at Menards
- Green Spanish moss (for "grass")
- Pack of herb seeds (cilantro, sweet basil, chives, etc.) The "Burpee" name adds a fun dinnertime touch...don't you think (and even more so if using for a baby shower). $1 each
- Sanpellegrino Sparkling Orange Juice - about .90 each.
- Peeps S'more pack: Peep, one graham cracker, 1/2 Hershey bar all wrapped in Glad Wrap and secured with ribbon - cheap cheap
- Other Easter Candies
I knew it was a hit when the trading of the seed packs began!